Saturday, October 10, 2009

Missing You

There is no excuse for my absence from this blog. A lot has happened since May. Here's a quick list to justify my absence:

  • December 2008: I land my first full-time job. 
  • February 2009: The company I was working for (Macy's West) announces a mass lay-off of 8000+ employees nationally. A new organization chart is released and my job disappears.
  • March - April 2009: With May as the last day in my current position (Media and Press Relations for Macy's West), I hit the ground running and begin looking for a new job. Macy's went from 2200 people in the San Francisco office to around 170: welcome to the recession.
  • May 2009: A position opens up in the department I was originally interested in: special productions. Again, I moved to SF to pursue event planning. I get the job and back doing what I love -- putting on beautiful, exciting and powerfully branded events for the Macy's Parade and Entertainment Group. 
  • June - August 2009: From day 1 of my new job, I begin planning for the largest event that the West Coast SP team does -- the Macy's Passport fashion show and HIV/AIDS fundraiser. Consequently, void of a personal life, my blogging is put on hold.
  • June - August 2009: Without the time to blog, I explore Twitter: www.twitter.com/dsisson. I like Twitter, but I miss writing.
  • September 2009: The 4 shows in SF and LA are a great success. I now understand what my job is and excited for the future.
  • October 2009: I'm finally able to blog about my life in San Francisco.
  • Today: I'm making a point to blog again. No excuses. Join me as I push the envelope even farther.

Tell your friends, I'm back:

 www.OutAndAboutSanFrancisco.blogspot.com


No comments: