Sunday, March 22, 2009

A new adventure

March 2009 marks one year that I have lived in San Francisco. I created "Out & About: San Francisco" after experimenting with two previous blogs. I enjoy writing in this blog, documenting my adventures here in San Francisco as I experiment with different writing styles. However, it's time I transition into a new project: a television show.

I'm posting this on my blog because I'm hoping to utilize this form of communication -- an online community with an international perspective -- as I attempt to write something I've never done before. Writing in a blog is similar to writing in a journal; however, writing a television show, with characters and plots, this is totally different. I hope to continue posting pictures on this blog, but I also plan on using this page as a forum to share ideas. Hopefully, as I begin posting ideas about what to include in the television show (about San Francisco -- more on that to come soon), friends and followers of this blog can also provide their input. After all, the more opinions and different perspectives I garner in the brainstorming phase, the stronger the script. My ultimate goal is to discuss gay culture on a level that can be easily identifiable to any gender, demographic or religion.

As I begin this exploratory phase, I find myself looking back at the escapades I've had in my lifetime. Friends, we've had some wicked crazy rides. Now, I'm hoping to share those adventures, experiences and always entertaining outcomes. Join me as I embark into the unknown and attempt to make something out of nothing. After all, what the hell else am I supposed to do with my free time? I'm told we have one year before we get out of this recession. What better time to start then now.

No comments: