Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bart Station Advertisements

Creative advertising is plastered all over San Francisco's Bart Station walls.
Montgomery Street Bart Station:


Emirates (above) transformed the pillars at the Montgomery Bart station into palm trees. People who work in the Financial District get off at the Montgomery station so it makes sense that international travel is being advertised.


Pepsi Company (above & below) has littered the walls and pillars of the Powell Street Bart Station. While I wonder how much this advertising space costs, I'm more interested in how a soda pop company has mimicked the savvy media plan used by our new Commander and Chief, President Obama, during his campaign. The world is falling apart, nobody has any money and if are going to buy something, make it a Pepsi! Why? Because we use bright colors....


16th & Mission Bart Station:


I apologize that this photo is so dark, but it was 6AM and I was half asleep on my way to the gym. Nevertheless, the ambiguity surrounding this advertisement remains strong. What is being advertised? Who is paying for this ad? What are we suppose to think?

Whenever something like this appears randomly, I often think it's the work of a secret cult -- aka the environmental movement. I'm sort of joking, but at the same time, the green movement works in mysterious ways.

No comments: