Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What does it mean to be bisexual?

What does it mean to be bisexual? I can only speak for myself, so please, do not get offended by what I'm about to say -- especially if you are a bisexual. And yet, how else are we suppose to get over our differences when nobody is willing to express their opinion? That's right, join me as I attempt to unite humanity!

Bisexuals are intimate with both women and men. In layman's terms: they swing both to the left and the right. In an effort to be as specific as possible -- while offending the least amount of people -- I'm going to narrow my scope to bisexual men.

A number of gay men, before coming out of the closet, define themselves as bisexuals before taking the leap of faith into full-blown homosexuality. Before I "officially" came-out of the closet, I can recall being faced with this conundrum of a situation --whether to identify as a bisexual or be true to myself and dive head first into the fabulous world of homosexuality.

Personally, I think bisexuals are selfish people who want to have sex with as many people as possible -- regardless of the person's sexual orientation. Sexually selfish people exist everywhere, among all races, genders and sexual orientations. However, bisexual men are gay men who just want it all -- women included.

Discussing gender is complicated and never ends with a mutual agreement. Coming from someone who is actively dating and meeting new people, it doesn't help my odds when someone identifies as bisexual. And yet, who am I to limit who another male sleeps with? I'm nobody, but all I ask is that you're not that somebody I'm hoping to court.

No comments: