Friday, January 16, 2009

Out The Door -- Ferry Building

A lunch date is one of the amazing times where in-and-out never felt so good. Within one hour, you can meet someone, have a quick bite and end the visit with an honest "I need to get back to work" and away you go.

The Ferry Building Marketplace, with breathtaking views of the Bay Bridge and an exciting location on the Embarcadero, is a great place to have lunch. Working right smack in the middle of San Francisco's shopping/tourist district (Union Square), I forget how amazing other parts of the city are. In an effort to spread my wings and meet as many new people as possible, I always ask amazing personalities -- like my coworker Laura -- for introductions to different gay people in the city. We decided on a Friday lunch at the Ferry Building, and the two guys -- whom I will not mention by name in this blog...yet -- are wonderful and I hope to stay in touch with them.

The Ferry Building Marketplace is nationally famous for the Farmer's Market that takes place on Saturdays. However, during this Friday lunch break, we ate lunch at Out The Door, a Vietnamese fast-food restaurant that was both delicious and moderately priced. I ordered the spring rolls and the chicken bun. The chicken bun tasted like a warm pot pie tucked inside a delicious Vietnamese inspired pouch. The spring rolls, paired with a delicious peanut butter sauce, was enough to fill me up by itself. Even then, they were delicious.

If you're looking for a relaxing break from the concrete jungle, grab yourself a seat overlooking the Bay and enjoy the delectable treats that the Ferry Building Marketplace has to offer.

No comments: