Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sick as a dog and still golden

So this was probably the most amazing three day weekend I ever had. Sure, I was sick on Friday -- I had one of those virus type head colds -- but with the proper medicine in my system, I was good as gold. The following is my over the counter recipe for dealing with head colds:

Morning:
  • Mucinex 12 hour pills -- take one in the morning with 2 glasses of water (I guess the medicine does not work without lots of water in your system.)
  • Day Quill -- Two in the morning, and two every 4 hours after that

  • Claritin D -- after providing a photo ID to obtain the controlled substance, take one in the morning and it will keep you congested free for 24 hours

  • Advil -- Take as needed for sore throat

  • EmergenC -- 1 packet every 2 hours throughout the day.

Bed time:

  • Tylenol PM -- 2 glorious pills before going to bed

  • NyQuil -- Two of these before going to bed as well

  • Benadryl -- Oh what the hell, 2 of these can't hurt before going to bed...

Sure, when I told my boss what I was taking before going to bed she mentioned that I might be uncomfortably close to pulling a Heath Ledger. But you know what? It was 65 - 70 degrees this weekend and I was sure as hell not staying inside. The worst part is that for the first time in my life I had to pay for all these medicines out of my own pocket! Oh well, beats being sick in the East Coast ice storm.



No comments: